Saturday, October 15, 2011

Meats, veggies, fruits, milk, olive oil and more!

This is one of those weeks when I am just simply amazed at the savings possible with coupons! You really can save hundreds of dollars and still make sure that your family has plenty of healthy food to eat. My two favorite purchases for this week would have to be the dog food for $.99 a bag and the all natural breakfast sausages for just $.50 each (regularly priced at $3.49 each)! Oh, yeah, and the olive oil for under $.10 per oz!

As you can see, I also bought a lot of baking supplies. My 4 year old is learning the alphabet and we were working on the letter “S”. I was trying to think of fun ways to reinforce what we are learning… then I thought of the delicious Italian “S” cookies we usually make at Christmas time. So, of course, we made cookies and I am pretty sure my little one will never forget the letter “S” and how yummy it can be!


My total for everything this week would have been over $350…

But I only spent $52.78, including tax!


6 (3oz) bags Whiskas cat food (rain check used - free cat food!)

12 (3.6-4oz) bags Kibbles’n Bits dog food (no shelf clearing – my store was STOCKED!)

18 cans Select Harvest soup (sure have bought a lot of these soups)

2 (32oz) bottles olive oil

1 gallon milk

1 (5lb) bag unbleached flour

4 boxes Lipton tea

5 lbs. apples

2 lbs. bananas

2 heads of broccoli

6 shaving cream

1 (12 pk.) AA batteries

6 Sominex sleep aid (moneymaker at Publix – product will be donated)

1 razor (one refill blade included)

4 Cover Girl blush (needed to quality for the $10 mail in rebate)

1 Hall’s cough drops

1 Crest Complete toothpaste, trial size

1 Old Spice body wash, trial size

2 Biore facial cleansers (love these and just ran out of my last one two days ago)

5 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts

2 (24oz) pork roasts

10 (8oz) packages Al Fresco breakfast sausage (so happy!)

1 bag confectioners sugar

1 (4 pk.) La Cr̬me yogurt (wish the store had more of the coupons Рthey were all out)

1 box baking soda

1 (2oz) bottle pure anise extract

2 packages Oreo cookies

1 box purAbsorb iron supplement (my iron levels are always low, so this was an exciting deal for me at CVS this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment