Saturday, October 1, 2011

$370.30 worth for $68.86 (meat, veggies, fruit, milk)!


Okay, so this week I purchased meats, vegetables and fruits… and other things, too. I didn’t get a picture of my first shopping trip for the week (the one that included all the meats, vegetables and fruit), so here is what is NOT in the picture:



11 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts

1 lb. sausage

12 oz. bacon

1 lb. ham, sliced

1 lb. frozen peas

4 lbs. onions

½ lbs. mushrooms

1 head broccoli

3 lbs. bananas

5 lbs. apples

4 mangos

26 oz. iodized sea salt

16 oz. refried beans

15 oz. bread crumbs

8 oz. can mushrooms

1 loaf bread

1 gallon milk

And here is what is in the picture:

28 cans Select Harvest soup (several different varieties – NO self clearing)

23 boxes General Mills cereal (Total, Oatmeal Crisp and several different kinds of Fiber One – once again, NO shelf clearing. My store was very well stocked on the cereal and I only bought 4-5 boxes of each kind.)

2 boxes Snack Well bars

2 packages Eight O’Clock coffee

4 packages frozen, breaded chicken

2 packages blueberry waffles

Most exciting purchase for this week was the soups, my 4 year old loves the Italian Wedding soup variety that has the meatballs and spinach. He doesn't know that it is spinach. Shhhhhhhhhh. :)

My total for all purchases this week (including everything that is not in the picture, too) came to $68.86. Saved a little more than 81%! I spent a little more than my budget target of $50 per week, but some weeks I have managed to keep my spending at less than $40 - so I think it will average out okay. I would like to only spend $40 next week. Let's see how I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment