Friday, October 7, 2011

88% Saved (gr. beef, soup, hot dogs, cheese)


I didn’t spend the $40 that I had planned, but this week was still really a success from my perspective. I saved more than 88%! There were so many exciting purchases this week: the soups for less than $.25 each (new coupon made them even cheaper than previous purchased), mozzarella cheese for $1.50 a pound (can anyone say homemade pizza!), good hot dogs for $1.69 per pkg., the moneymaker on the toothpaste and Cover Girl products that will get me a $10 rebate and $40 worth of bakeware!

Total value: $496.94 (the $40 worth of bakeware is not included in total value)

Total out of pocket, including tax: $55.15 ($10 rebate was not factored in to total out of pocket - total is what actually came out of my bank account this week. I haven't done a lot of rebates yet, but my plan is to use them like coupons when I get them to lower my out of pocket that week).

Not pictured, but included in total value and total out of pocket:

6 pkg. (24 oz. each) Banquet frozen chicken

5 lbs. ground beef

2 cans kidney beans

12 oz can tomato paste

8 pkg. hamburger buns

In picture:

4 Puffs with Vicks tissues

2 Scrubbling Bubbles toilet bowl cleaners

16 cans Campbell’s soups (some already put away, so not in picture)

1 pkg. Huggies diapers

2 soy sauce

8 Lipton tea (my husband drinks tea every night and we were almost out!)

6 bags cat treats

1 Schick razor

1 Clorox 2 stain remover (finally, a good price on stain remover after coupon)

1 kid’s cold and cough tea (so glad I bought this - my boys are now sick and love this tea)

2 salad dressings

2 Eight O’clock coffee

8 candles (one already in use, so not in picture)

8 (2 ct) pkg. fruit cups (no corn syrup… real sugar used!)

1 Christmas bear soap dispenser (on clearance for $.25)

4 Mueller’s pasta

12 Nathan’s Beef Franks (favorite kind of hot dog - so yummy!)

4 (1 lb.) pkg. mozzarella cheese

12 oz heavy cream

½ lb. mushrooms

18 ct. eggs

1 head romaine lettuce

1 ground cumin (can to tell from reading my shopping list that I made chili this week?)

1 Bengay

1 Visine

18 Crest Complete toothpaste, trial size (purchased on several different shopping trips)

12 Vicks drops (also great for this cold we are dealing with)

4 (2 ct.) pkg. kitchen sponges

1 pkg. coffee filters

20 Cover Girl face products (purchased at 3 different stores – NO shelf clearing. Working towards 2 rebates offered by Procter and Gamble: a $10 mail in rebate and a free bakeware set! Already purchased everything to be eligible for the bakeware, but have to purchase $5 more in select P&G products to submit for the $10 rebate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment