Thursday, November 3, 2011

Saved 93% for the Week - $48.39 Spent


Okay, so last week I didn’t save much on my groceries, but I still was able to keep within my $50 budget because of my stockpile. This week was a totally different story – I got some amazing deals! Plus, as a little bonus, I got some of my mail in rebates back for a total worth of $23.99. As you may remember, I did NOT calculate the value of my mail in rebates when I purchased the qualifying items (just acted as if they didn’t exist), so I have calculated them in this week like any other coupon. I used coupons to purchase the qualifying items also, so items were free even before rebate. Free money in my mailbox! So, as a little treat to ourselves, we bought rib eye steaks with some of my MIR money.

Total value: $722.37 (yes, my calculations are correct – I double checked)

Total out of pocket, including tax, minus mail in rebate money received this week: $48.39

Just thought you might like to know - total value of coupons used, not including ECB from CVS and RR from Walgreens used on purchases: $414.75! (I can’t believe I used over four hundred dollars worth of coupons this week. Krazy, right?!)

Items in first picture:

8 (3.5 lb) bags Purina dog food (ended up costing less than $6, including tax, for all 8 bags)

4 Apple and Eve juice

4 (12oz.) bags Caribou coffee (So fun trying new things - husband now loves this coffee!)

2 (12oz.) honey bears

8 Airwick candles (rain check)

2 spices, 100% organic (basil, cumin)

4 (32oz) bags Tyson chicken wings

10 bottles sparking water

5 Dawn dish soap

2 kid’s lawn chairs (clearance at CVS - $1.75 each)

8 (2ct.) Pillsbury frozen breakfast sandwiches

4 packs Skittles (more candy for Operation Christmas Child boxes)

4 packs Starbursts

10 Cover Girl face products

4 Reach toothbrushes

3 garden tools (clearance at Dollar General - $.10 each)

18 Reach floss (donated to church for Operation Christmas Child boxes)

2 flashlights

3 trial size Old Spice body wash

1 (30ct.) Zyrtec (not a very good price, but had to have it so I used ECB at CVS)


Second picture:

6 Caribou coffee

3 Planters cashews

2 packs Chips Ahoy cookies (gave one to family)

2 (4 lb.) bags sugar

16 bottles vitamins (2-3 of each kind and purchased on separate shopping trips – no shelf clearing. I will be donating at least 1 of each kind to a local ministry and food pantry.)

5 cans cream of mushroom soup (one already used)

2 cans organic tomato paste

6 T.G.I. Friday fajita dinners (I like to use these as a base and add some of my own ingredients)

2 (30oz.) Kraft mayo (gave one to family)

1 loaf whole wheat bread (mostly eaten!)

2 (10ct.) packs pens

1 travel size Tide detergent

1 toy sword (50% off original price)

4 bags Ricola cough drops (one already used – still getting over my cold)

1 box shark fruit snacks

12 Reach floss

4 Lumene face products

1 Illy iced coffee

1 lb. butter

2 Smart Balance Milk (traded the cookies and mayo for the milk – value of milk not included in totals)

2 packs frozen broccoli

1 lb. turkey, sliced

6 birthday cards


Not pictured, but include in totals:

2 (1 lb. each) rib eye steaks

2 ½ lbs. bananas

2 packs Cover Girl face make-up pads

1 bag toy bats (my 4 yr. old thinks these are so cool and they were 50% off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment