Thursday, November 17, 2011

What $35 Can Buy With Coupons!

What a week! Thought I had spent more this week, but added up my totals and realized I still have about $15 left from my $50 budget for the week. I don’t think I need anything else, though, so I guess the left over will get rolled over into next week… or maybe I will buy a couple more turkeys at Publix. Or, maybe some more butter. At $2 per pound, can you really have too much butter during the holidays? Christmas cookies anyone?


Total before coupons and sales: $280.81

Total spent, including tax: $34.28


2 Welch’s 100% juice

4 Caribou coffee

22 napkin packages, various sizes (special ordered, so NO shelf clearing)

8 first aid kits

2 President rondele cheese spreads

8 Lysol surface cleaners

10 boxes angel hair pasta

4 cans whole cashews

4 lbs. organic carrots

10 Sundown vitamins (fish oil, potassium and calcium/magnesium/zinc)

9 Tide laundry detergent, trial size

4 Breath Rite strips, trial size

1 pack hamburger buns

6 lbs. onions (gave 3 lbs. to family)

1 30ct Zyrtec (not a great price, but needed it and it went towards a gift card at CVS)

5 lbs. apples

4 lbs. butter

4 sour cream

1 Crest toothpaste, trial size

2 ketchups (found at deli counter at Walmart)

4 bags all natural frozen bread (looks so yummy!)

12 oz. string cheese

4 boxes frozen sausage

2 packs celery

2 bags cranberries (gave one to family)

2 lbs. bananas (all but one have already been eaten)

4 bags frozen veggies (broccoli and peas)

6 lbs. boneless chicken breasts


Not pictured, but included in totals:

A few pictures (my son wanted to put his picture and a note in the Christmas boxes, “so the kids will know I am their friends, because I smile”.)

3 jump ropes

1 pack bracelets

6 slinkys (spelling? It just doesn’t look right, but oh well.)

1 roll wrapping paper

1 toy dinosaur

(I finished off, last minute, 3 more boxes for Operation Christmas Child, so items are already on their way to make some little kids happy… hence the reason they are not in the picture.)


Stores I shopped at were Publix, Walmart and CVS.

No comments:

Post a Comment