Monday, November 28, 2011

Black Friday for Under $50!

It is so nice to have a stockpile for weeks when I don’t want to buy a lot of groceries. We had plenty of fruits, veggies and starches to make it through the week – still have over 10 lbs of potatoes and those organic carrots. I used a rain check at Sweetbay to get the beef at $1.99 a pound, too. I haven’t purchased much meat there before, but the ground beef was/is really yummy! After a couple weeks of only eating poultry… hamburgers and beef stroganoff were part of this week’s menu. Another new item to me was the Wholly Guacamole. I LOVE guacamole and these small packs are so convenient, since I am the only one in my family who eats avocado.

The Black Friday deals were great at CVS and Walgreens! There were so many money-makers at CVS that I was able to buy the remote control helicopter and cars with my leftover Extra Bucks! How cool is that? And, the deal at Walgreens on wrapping paper was wonderful – buy 1 at $1.99, get 2 free!


Total before sales and coupons: $363.79

Total paid, including tax: $46.91


Not pictured, but included in totals (my boys were with me when I took the picture, so I couldn’t include these items - they are Christmas presents):

1 remote control helicopter (my 4 yr. old is going to be so excited!)

2 remote control cars (these cars look really neat and the boys will each have their own!)

Pictured:

6 rolls paper towels

1 tabletop ping pong set

1 Pepto Bismol

1 Starbucks coffee

1 Sheets energy strips (I know I bought a couple more, but I couldn’t find them for the picture… not sure why)

2 boxes Excedrin

2 Preparation H (moneymaker)

1 box Fiber One brownies

1 Kleenex tissues

1 Schick Titanium razor (hidden behind the coffee cup)

2 Gillette Fusion products (husband loves the after shave – they are going in his stocking)

1 L.A. Looks hair gel

10 ct. Finish dishwasher detergent

2 blue coffee cups (clearance - $.99 each)

2 toothpastes (Crest and Colgate)

1 baking pan

1 set mixing bowls

1 set measuring cup

1 oven mit

1 silicone baking sheet

1 spatula

1 loaf bread (mostly eaten)

6 roll Christmas wrapping paper

24 AA batteries

1 universal remote

1 ThermaCare wrap

4 ct. Schick Quattro razor cartridges

2 packs hair things

4 Theraflu products

1 Cepacol throat lozenges

2 Listerine pocket packs

2 Softlips chapstick

1 Carmex chapstick

10 ct. Breathe Right strips

1 pack floss picks

3 Revlon lip gloss (I think I bought 4 of these… must be with the energy strips)

4 toothbrushes

1 Benefiber sticks

1 pack M&Ms

1 Balance energy bar

4 Revlon nail polish

3 Wholly Guacamole (one already eaten!)

3 packs (1 lb. each) lunch meat

10 ½ lbs. ground beef (4 packs total - one already used, one not really visible in photo)


Note: Yes, the pink bakeware is from the P&G mail in rebate that I submitted a while back – the products look like they are high quality and I am happy to have a new baking pan and an oven mit that might actually keep the heated pan from burning my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment