Saturday, November 12, 2011

Milk, Eggs, Potatoes and 4 Turkeys... Saved 87%


I am thrilled with all the food I was able to purchase this week with so little out of pocket. Just the Ore-Ida tater tots and fries would have cost over $50 without coupons (they were not on sale – I just used coupons). My $10 gift card arrived this week from the Publix/ConAgra mail in rebate, so I used that to get my totals down. Remember, I don’t calculate the value of my mail in rebates until I actually receive them, so that means free money when they arrive in my mailbox! I can’t image what life would be like without coupons. At this point, the thought of paying full price for groceries sounds even crazier than the KRAZYness of using coupons. Once you get started… you’ll never go back.

Total before coupons and sales: $386.54
Total out of pocket, including tax: $50.38

6 Mr. Clean surface cleaners (on sale BOGO and I had (2) B2G1 manufacturer coupons and (3) $1/2 store coupons, so I only paid $.89 for all six!)

2 (5 lb.) bags flour

2 half gallons Smart Balance milk

5 ¼ lbs. apples (some already eaten)

4 (12 ct. each) Minute Maid juice boxes (I like to keep a couple juice boxes in my reusable bags that I bring to the store, so I have a fun treat for my boys while we are shopping.)

20 PlayDoh containers (75% off… one was being played with while I took the picture)

4 Idahoan instant potato packages

2 lbs. butter

4 turkeys (67 ½ lbs. total)

20 lbs. russet potatoes

10 vitamins (Fish Oil, Vitamin B and Vitamin D)

18 ct. eggs

1 jar dried beef

30 Reach floss (all out of $2.50/2 Reach coupons now)

18 bags Ore-Ida tater tots and fries (no shelf clearing – several different kinds purchased over two separate shopping trips)

4 (12 oz.) bags chocolate chips

1 trial size Scope mouthwash (clearance at Publix)

2 Blistex lip balm

2 toothbrushes

1 box baking soda

2 containers baking powder

9 Breath Right strips, trial size (money maker at Walmart!)

5 Vicks products, trial size (clearance at Publix)

4 packets Kikkoman seasoning (already used 1 pack)

1 bulb garlic

2 packages pepperoni (we made pizzas with one already)


Not pictured, but included in totals for the week:

1 loaf whole wheat bread

½ lb. mushrooms

12 oz. shrimp

1 head lettuce (I never seem to get the fresh produce into the picture… wonder why)

1 lemon

1 play sword (had to have 2 swords… purchased one last week, but “you can’t sword fight with only one sword, Mommy”. Of course they were now 75% off, too!)

1 Iron Man costume (also 75% off – this will get used all year-round)

No comments:

Post a Comment