Monday, August 1, 2011

$168 worth for $8! Better than 95%!


These items were purchased at CVS and Walgreens stores and, no, I did NOT clear the shelves of Cottonelle. There were over 35 packs just in the one location of the store where I picked mine up and another whole display in another part of the store. That being said, I was so excited about the savings this week! I often save over 95% on my purchases, but not usually when they include that much toilet paper. Just the toilet paper alone retails for $40.

Here’s what I got:

8) 12 packs of Cottonelle

1) bag potato chips

1) Gillette Fusion power razor

2) Head and Shoulders shampoo

1) pack Huggies diapers

1) bag IAMS dog food

1) bottle Lumene face mask

2) bottles Lumene make-up remover

3) bottles kid’s Omega-3 vitamins

1) Sunday newspaper

2) boxes U by Kotex pads

2) packs Skinny Cow chocolates

2) packs Goody hair clips

3-5) peppermint candies (these are my favorite $.20 filler and it looks like my little boys snatched them up before I took the picture. Yum yum!)

4) packs Crayola Washable Markers (my boys got these out and starting coloring as soon as I got home... hence, they did not make it in the photo, either)

Here is the breakdown:

Total of $22.47 out of pocket, including $9.34 in tax

Left the store with a total of $2 less in Extra Bucks (ECB) and Register Rewards (RR) than when I started*

Mail in Rebate: $6.99 (there was a coupon to get the dog food for free after MIR)

So, $22.47, minus $9.34 in tax = $13.13

Plus the $2 less in ECB and RR = $15.13

Minus the $6.99 MIR = $8.14, a little better than 95%!

Just goes to show, with a little bit of planning and experience, you can save 95% on almost anything!

*ECB are store coupons that print on the bottom of your CVS receipt for a specific amount off your next purchase. RR are coupons that print from the Catalina machine (gray box) at the Walgreens register for a specific amount off your next purchase. Ex: $5.00 off your next purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment