Saturday, February 4, 2012

Under $50 for Everything!

Yes, I know I bought cereal last week and we really don’t need anymore, but free is just too good a deal to pass up (there was a HUGE display and I was shopping on the last day of the sale, so no shelf clearing). I will be donating all the Fiber One cereal and the 18 jars of baby food to a local food shelf. Coupons mean that I can purchase enough food to take care of my family and bless others, as well.

There were some other great deals this week, too. The Bird’s Eye veggies were 50% off at Publix - making them roughly $1 each before coupons. I had (11) $.50/1 manufacturer coupons on the Chef’s Favorites variety and (8) $1/2 store coupons on any Bird’s eye, so I only paid about $2.50 for all 16 packages! We also purchased plenty of yummy bacon! We made a big breakfast dinner last night: eggs, bacon, tomato gravy and grits and homemade blueberry muffins! Of course, the bacon was the prized item on the table. Yum Yum!

Total before sales and coupons: $379.72

Total paid, including tax: $47.76

Here is what I purchased:

10 Fiber One cereal

4 Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal

20 boxes Barilla pasta

2 Starkist tuna

2 Pepperidge Farm goldfish (my boys convince me that we needed to buy some more)

1 box fruit snacks

2 cans refried beans (1 already used)

18 Beechnut baby food

2 Cascadian Farm granola bars

1 cream of mushroom soup

20 chocolate Valentine candies

2 UP2U gum

4 Dean’s dip

8 oz. cheddar cheese

2 Skinny cow ice cream (already eaten… special treat and they only cost $.22 each!)

12 packs (1 lb. each) Smithfield bacon

4 packs Johnsonville Italian sausage (these are the best Italian sausage!)

16 Bird’s Eye Steamfresh (11 Chef’s Favorites and 5 vegetable)

10 lbs. grapefruit

6 Ocean Spray juice drinks

2 Trop50 orange juices (one already opened, not pictured)

4 Purina One dog food

1 rope bone dog toy

4 bags Kingsford charcoal

2 sponges

2 Breathe Right

1 Vaseline lotion

11 Bic pens (some black, some multi-colored… my boys love the different colored ones)


Note: I didn’t have to buy much for veggies this week, because we have lots fresh broccoli and lettuce in the garden right now. I have a good bit of frozen veggies, too.

Oh, yeah, I also have a $10 Publix gift card from purchasing $100 worth before coupons. The gift card promotion is still going through Wednesday. I may try and get another one. I have not used the $10 gift card yet, so that will be calculated into next weeks totals.

No comments:

Post a Comment