Saturday, January 28, 2012

Over $500 for Only $55

I didn’t think this week was going to turn out very good, but I actually ended up purchased lots of things at some great prices! I went $5 over budget for the week, but since I was way under last week I think I’m okay. The only reason I went over was because I decided to purchase the Mega pack of play dough for my little boys. They love play dough and spend hours almost every day playing with it! They are good about cleaning it up when they’re done, but the hours of play mean it dries out pretty fast. We can never have too much play dough. I also purchased a lot of meat and produce this week… it actually looks like a relatively balanced shopping list (picture doesn’t look as balance, since we have already eaten a lot of it).

Anything that was purchased in quantity was special ordered (i.e. Gas-X, vitamins, Muir Glen tomatoes, etc) or purchased over multiple shopping trips. I’m thrilled to have so much ORGANIC diced tomatoes!

Total before sales and coupons: $511.57 (wow, I so do not have that kind of money, glad I have coupons!)

Total paid, including tax: $55.02

Here is what I purchased:

7 ½ lbs. ground beef (1 pack already used)

2 lbs. ground pork (1 pack already used)

1 (5 ½ lb.) whole chicken (used to make chicken soup earlier this week)

2 lbs. mozzarella cheese (already used to make pizza!)

2 Hebrew National hot dogs

2 (7 oz. each) Jones Dairy sausages (one pack eaten at breakfast this morning)

½ lb. mushrooms

3 lbs. carrots

5 lbs. grapefruit

3 ½ lbs. bananas (already eaten)

5 lbs. Idaho potatoes

2 Ocean Spray juice

2 Acai berry juice

4 (12 pack each) La Croix sparkling water

6 Teddy Grahams

4 Pepperidge Farm chips

4 Pepperidge Farm goldfish (“Do we really get to buy goldfish, Mommy?!!!!!!!!”)

4 Newtons, regular

2 Newtons, thins

2 Starkist tuna

1 Kraft macaroni and cheese

4 Swanson chicken broth

4 Publix brand chicken broth

3 Rotel diced tomatoes

2 Rotel sauce

24 Muir Glen organic diced tomatoes

6 (16 oz. each) olive oil

10 Fiber One cereal (donating at least 4 boxes)

4 Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal

3 (10 ct. each) Bic pens

4 UP2U Gum

14 Gas-X (didn’t just buy ‘cause it was a MM… family member uses this product often)

14 Sundown vitamins (will be donated)

3 Nature’s Bounty vitamins

1 (36 ct.) Mega Pack play dough (on rollback for $15, plus I had a $5 off coupon)

10 (3.5 lbs. each) Beyond One dog food (our big dog eats over a 1 lb. per day, so this won’t last long)

No comments:

Post a Comment