Thursday, February 9, 2012

$36.13 for the Week - Saved 86%

Kind of a slow week for shopping. My plan was to really stock up on some ground beef from Sweetbays (I had a raincheck) and purchase at least one of the spiral cut hams (priced at only $.99 lb.). That made up the majority of my expenses this past week, too, since I had a $10 Publix gift card to cover my groceries there. The gift card was from last week’s deal – spend $100, receive a $10 gift card. I didn’t calculate the gift card into last weeks total, so it counts this week like any other coupon. I actually still have $1.44 left on the card! I also picked up a few things at Walmart that we were running low on. I was actually down to only 4 more loads worth of dishwasher detergent! I bought some… no sale, no coupon. It was horrible – I really hope there is a good sale soon, because I just don’t think I can bring myself to pay full price again. I might just wash all the dishes by hand… okay, maybe not. :)


Total before sales and coupons: $263.67

Total paid, including tax: $36.13


2 cans cream of mushroom soup (one not pictured)

1 loaf whole wheat bread (mostly eaten)

1 can Red Gold tomatoes (free product coupon from facebook promotion)

2 packs Valentine M&Ms (special treat for my boys – and only $.14 each after coupon)

1 sour cream

9 ½ lbs. ground beef 80/20 (2 more packages not pictured - 3 lbs. each)

9 ½ lbs. spiral cut ham

4 boxes Tyson Any’tizers chicken wings (will be submitting the receipt for the $10 sporting goods MIR – my 4 yr. old really wants a basketball)

2 (2 ct. each) Barber Food chicken cordon bleu (my husband’s favorite easy meal!)

4 (4 ct. each) Trix yogurt (made with real sugar… NO artificial coloring!)

4 Sambazon organic juice (already drink one - these are delicious)

1 bunch fresh basil (had to make a big pot of homemade marinara sauce and my basil plants just weren’t ready to offer enough leaves)

1 ¾ lbs. yellow onions (forgot to get these in the picture)

8 Breathe Right nasal strips (these are the greatest thing when you have a stuffy nose)

1 dishwasher detergent

2 packs Huggies GoodNites

2 Phazyme

6 Sominex (didn’t just buy because it was a MM – know someone who is very thankful I can get this product for them… free)

3 Beyond One dog food

4 Pedigree puppy food

18 Temptations cat treats (all free – will be donated)

No comments:

Post a Comment