Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pasta, Cheese, Produce, Formula and Much More!

Bought a lot of pasta and cheese this week, as well as a fair amount of produce. Just goes to show that you really can save on FOOD using coupons. Even some organic foods can be a part of my budget now! The Viva Italia sale at Publix isn’t as good as it was last year, but I am still finding some good deals. The BOGO lasagna noodles are probably my favorite. I think I will pick up a couple more boxes before the sale ends. Wait, maybe the cheese is my favorite deal… yeah, the cheese at $1.50 per lb. is pretty great!

Total before sales and coupons: $291.50

Total paid, including tax: $43.77


Here is what I purchased:

4 Muir Glen organic tomato paste

8 Muir Glen organic diced tomatoes

4 boxes macaroni and cheese (2 boxes already eaten)

1 (8 ct.) hot dog buns (some eaten)

1 (8 ct.) hamburger buns (most eaten)

2 cans kidney beans

1 pkg. chili seasoning

1 lg. can corned beef and hash

12 Kettle Brand chips

6 Mueller’s penne pasta

4 Mueller’s angel hair pasta

2 Mueller’s lasagna

2 Bear Naked granola

1 loaf whole wheat bread (over half already used to make the many PB&J’s my 2 yr. old requested)

6 Enfamil formula, concentrate (will be donated)

12 (8 oz.) Kraft cheese

1 (8 oz.) Walmart brand cheddar cheese (needed this earlier in the week, before the sale at Publix started… I paid full price for this bag – so sad)

4 (4 ct.) Yoplait kid’s yogurt

1 Kraft Parmesan cheese

10 Tyson Any’tizers chicken wings

4 Acai berry organic juice

4 ½ lbs. bananas ($.39 a lb – my boys have already eaten all of them!)

2 lbs. strawberries

½ lb. mushroom (already eaten)

1 lb. asparagus

2 Method dish soap

2 (32 ct.) Finish dishwasher detergent

6 Sominex

8 Tampa Bay Times newspapers (had the $5 off $30 Publix coupon – newspapers already recycled)

No comments:

Post a Comment