Thursday, January 12, 2012

$52.25 for the Week - Lots of Bacon!

This week was fun to shop. I am very happy to have so much yummy bacon in the freezer. Bacon doesn’t seem to be an item that gets amazing “stock-up” prices on it, so (at $1.83 per 16 oz. pack) I bought enough to last us a little while. My boys LOVE bacon, so it won’t actually last very long at all. Since we were buying the bacon, I figured we would give the Batter Blaster pancake mix a try. It’s a little weird to think of using a whipped cream type can to make pancakes, but I think my 4 yr. old will have a great time making his own pancakes!

I didn’t need much for veggies this week, because I just picked tons of peas, lettuce and kohlrabi from my garden. Plus, we were given several pounds of locally grown oranges and I still have some organic carrots left (the ones I got FREE last week)! I did pick up a bunch of apples, though, since they were $1 per pound at Publix. We eat a lot of apples!


Total before sales and coupons: $383.01

Total paid, including tax: $52.25


6 Batter Blaster pancake mix

6 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts

8 (16 oz.) Smithfield bacon

2 Banquet chicken tenders

4 Tyson grilled chicken

1 lb. asparagus

6 lbs. gala apples

2 Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn

2 Fruitables juice

2 Hunt’s ketchup

4 (8 ct.) Quaker granola bars

1 quick grits

2 seasoning mixes

10 packs Happy Baby food (will be donated)

2 loaves Sara Lee bread

1 loaf Publix bakery bread

2 Triaminic children’s medicine

1 Lichi Probiotics

6 Gas-X

6 Sundown vitamins

2 Nature’s Bounty Cal/Mag/Zinc

1 Nature’s Bounty Acidophilus

4 Nivea lip balm

6 Pantene shampoo

2 Pantene conditioner

4 Dawn dish soap

1 Pampers size 5 diapers

1 Clean and Clear acne treatment

2 bags bows

4 rolls wrapping paper

1 roll ribbon

1 peel and stick gift labels


Note: I'm sorry the pictures have not been good quality recently. My camera stopped working and I am left with the camera on my husband cell phone... and it's just not the same as a real camera. Hope to get my "real" camera fixed soon.

Items were purchased at Publix, CVS and Walgreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment