Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Meat and Dairy Week


Went to a couple different stores this week, as usual. I was hoping to get some of the ham that Save-A-Lot has for $1.19 a pound and the chicken at $.49 a pound, but they were all sold out… again. I haven’t really figured out how to shop there and they are always out of the items that I want. Oh, well, we can’t win them all, right? There wasn’t much I needed at Publix this week either, so I did most my shopping at Walmart. We were out of milk, eggs and cheese, so I actually paid full price for those things. Gasp! The pork chops are from Winn-Dixie where they were priced at $2.10 after sales – not an amazing price, but I really wanted some pork chops to make Pork Pizzaiola. It is pork chops simmered in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, garlic and basil and then we mix in angel hair pasta to soak up the broth… so yummy! My total is a little over the $50 mark this week, but since I have been under budget the past couple weeks I think I am still okay. It was the puppy food that threw me off – over $5 for a little bag of food! I need to figure out how to save on puppy food and fast!


Total before sales and coupons: $248.83

Total spent, including tax: $56.17


Here is what I bought:

6 (4 ct. each) Marie Callender’s chicken pot pie

10 bags Rachael Ray dog treats (special ordered)

1 loaf bread

8 lbs. pork chops

3 packs bacon (one not pictured)

7 V8 Smoothies (one not pictured)

4 Snaplock containers (underneath V8)

5 or 6 pack Ramen noodles

4 lbs. bananas (some already eaten)

1 lb. ground pork

3 packages pepperoni

1 lb. pork sausage

1 gallon milk

4.4 lb bag Puppy Chow

2 (6 ct.) Kern’s peach juice

1 can sliced mushrooms

1 container Chips Ahoy cookies

1 can cream mushroom soup

20 oz. ricotta cheese

1 box lasagna noodles

18 ct. eggs

8 oz. cheddar cheese

1 pack provolone cheese

3 lbs. apples (some already eaten)

3 bulbs garlic

1 lb. Velveeta cheese

2 boxes Velveeta shells and cheese

4 (10 oz. each) packages Smithfield ham

2 strips yeast

2 Green and Black chocolate bars

No comments:

Post a Comment