Saturday, December 17, 2011

Great Week for Groceries at Publix!

This was an amazing week at Publix... I might go back for more beginning of next week before the sales end. I must admit that I was a little stressed at the checkout counter at Publix this week. My total just kept rising and rising. Even after sales, my total was still over $185 and I didn’t have ANY dollar off total order coupons! I usually know how much my total will come to after coupons, but I made so many last minute changes this week. It was enough to just recount out the number of coupons I needed to hand over… let alone recalculate my totals. So, you can imagine my excitement when my total, after scanning all the coupons, came to less than $20! I even decided to buy a couple more bags of broccoli (added another $2 to my total), since I had done so well. Bought a couple other things at Walmart and the Centrum vitamins at CVS and still kept my budget under the $50 mark! Plus, I have two $10 gift cards (from the Centrum deal at CVS) to use next week. I am so thankful for coupons!

Total before sales and coupons: $394.58

Total paid, including tax: $47.56


Here is what I bought:

4 boxes Swiss Miss hot chocolate

4 Zephyrhills Sparkling water

1 gallon milk

2 (30 oz.) Kraft mayo (one given away in exchange for the extra Publix coupon – coupon given to me by the individual who in turn received the product)

4 lbs. Navel oranges

3 ½ lbs. Gala apples

6 Snaplock containers

4 Ghiradelli chocolate bars (2 already mailed out with gifts)

4 boxes Quaker granola bars

4 Nature Made vitamins

6 Sundown vitamins

1 first aid kit

1 bag grits

2 Keebler crackers

4 oz. pack Chips Ahoy cookies

1 Lumene face cream

1 gingerbread house kit

9 Crest Whitestrips, trial size (before you freak out and think that I didn’t use my coupons correctly, I special ordered the Whitestrips and have been waiting well over a month now for them to come in. I did not use the Publix coupon on them, since it now states that it can only be used on boxes 4 ct. or larger. I used 4 “like” coupons from inside other Procter and Gamble items I purchased previously, 1 coupon I received in the mail and 4 “like” coupons from the recent newspaper inserts. So, I only used a maximum of 4 “like” coupons and I special ordered the items, as well).

6 Centrum vitamins/fish oil

2 boxes Mueller’s pasta

5 ½ lbs. boneless chicken breasts

1 Pulsar toothbrush

2 boxes (18 ft. each) icicle Christmas lights (the look so pretty!)

1 small box regular lights (we needed to replace a small section of the lights on our Christmas tree)

4 bags Snausages dog treats

1 bag Combos

4 Kern’s juice

4 half gallons Smart Balance milk

3 lbs. butter

2 lbs. ICBNB (will be donated along with the vitamins and some other items I have been collecting)

2 Kraft salad dressing (same deal as mayo – 1 given away)

7 bags frozen broccoli

1 lb. fresh asparagus (not pictured)

No comments:

Post a Comment