Friday, April 20, 2012

Less Than $20 for the Week


So I haven’t posted my weekly totals in a bit, but I can assure you that I have been keeping up with my challenge of only spending $50 per week on groceries. If fact, I have averaged less than $40 per week since January! That means I am saving more than $75 per week compared to what I used to pay for my weekly groceries just a couple years ago. Plus, we have NEVER had this much food in our house. I can’t fit a single thing more into my fridge freezer or deep freeze unit. They are both full of milk, cheese, meats, breads, French fries, frozen vegetables and so much more! It just goes to show that you can save on REAL food items with coupons. I also continue to donate food and other items on a regular basis.

So, here is just an example of what $20 can buy with coupons (this week’s shopping totals):

Total before sales and coupons: $470.82
Total paid, including tax: $18.52 (no joke! – no gift cards used)

Here is what I purchased:

2 ½ lbs. bottom round beef roast
4 ½ lbs. chicken thighs
7 oz. pack pepperoni
4 packs Nathan’s hot dogs
2 bags Alexia sweet potato fries (the spicy ones are delicious… not too spicy!)
8 Kraft Fresh Takes cheese and breadcrumb mix
22 Voskos Greek yogurts
3 (6 packs each) Jell-O pudding
12 half gallons Smart Balance milk (this milk freezes wonderfully)
5 ½ lbs. bananas
5 lbs. potatoes
1 lb. strawberries
7 lbs. organic carrots (www.ebfarm.com for $.75/1 coupons!)
2 Gold Peak bottled tea
12 boxes Mueller’s pasta
2 packs Fig Newtons
4 packs Chips Ahoy cookies
1 (12 pack) La Croix sparkling water
20 packs Carefree (special ordered)
1 pack Depends underwear (will be donated)
5 (5 ct. each) Zyrtec
4 (5 ct. each) Allegra
1 Act mouthwash
1 box natural pain reliever
4 Olay bodywash
4 packs Olay facial cleansing clothes
16 Softsoap hand soap (no shelf clearing)
6 bags dog treats
6 bags cat treats

Plus, with the Olay products I purchased this week, I hit the $50 mark for the P&G mail in rebate, so I’ll be getting $15 back in a few weeks(http://www.pgbestinbeauty.com/BOBrebate.pdf)! I will calculate the $15 savings when I receive the rebate in the mail.

Note: My camera isn't currently working, so I was unable to take a picture of my purchases this time. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment