Thursday, March 22, 2012

Two Weeks of Groceries... LOTS of Produce!

I’ve been so busy the past couple of weeks that I haven’t had time to put together a picture and post my weekly totals. Unfortunately the phone I was using to take the photos is no longer working, so I don’t have a picture to post this time. Since I’m a little behind on posting, I’ll include both this week’s and last week’s totals together in one post. My total savings isn’t as high as usual, but I purchased a TON of fresh produce… so I’m still happy! My husband wants me to start juicing vegetable and fruit for him to drink at breakfast (trying to up his veggie intake), so we are going through a lot of produce. I am so thankful for coupons!

Total (for two weeks) before sales and coupons: $532.76

Total paid (for two weeks), including tax: $78.68 (I averaged less than $40 each week!)

Here is what I purchased:

4 bag family size Tostitos chips

4 Stax potato chips

2 bags Kettle Brand chips

1 large salsa

1 can artichokes

18 (6 oz. each) can almonds (purchased at multiple stores – no shelf clearing)

3 (6 ct. each) Snapple

12 (2 ct. each) Beechnut Stage 4 meals (chicken soup and macaroni - all will be donated)

1 (10 ct.) pack flour tortillas

28 packs M&M Easter candies (purchased at multiple stores – they were stocked!)

3 Fresh Takes cheese and breadcrumb mix

6 Cooking Cream

1 Philadelphia chocolate spread

2 (8 oz. each) Land O Lakes butter and olive oil spreads

6 (1 lb. each) Land O Lakes stick butter (only $1.75 per pound)

10 (6 ct. each) Kraft Milk Bite granola bars (rain check used)

2 (4 ct. each) fruit smoothies

12 (8 oz each) Kraft cheese (no shelf clearing)

4 Stouffers premade dinners

10 lbs. chicken breasts

6 lbs. whole chicken

1 ¼ lbs. boneless pork chops

18 lbs. carrots (that is not a typo – I really did buy eighteen pounds of carrots)

2 lbs. strawberries

8 ½ lbs. bananas (wow, that’s a lot of bananas… where did they all go?)

9 lbs. apples

3 lbs. onions

1 lb. asparagus

1 lemon

2 loaves whole wheat bread

2 (10 ct. each) bags small bagels

6 glazed donuts

9 CoverGirl products - nail clippers and files

4 Sundown vitamins

1 Pediacare child pain reliever/ fever reducer

6 Lady Speed Stick deodorant (submitted for $5 MIR)

5 bags (3.5 - 4 lbs. each) dog food

6 (5 oz. each) dog treats

No comments:

Post a Comment